We know that health is vital to our community and we want to take this moment to acknowledge that times are changing rapidly. The IJA Festival would not exist without our outstanding members and we want them to be as safe and healthy as possible. We are encouraging those who are able to get vaccinated against COVID-19 to do so.
Thank you for choosing to attend the IJA! We are excited to have you all and wanted to make sure everyone understood the pandemic safety guidelines.
All IJA Ticketed events will require proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test taken within 72 hours. Masks are STRONGLY encouraged at all events.
Ticketed events include:
- Admission to the festival/workshops/renegade
- Shows that take place at the Cedar Rapids Convention Center and the Paramount Theatre
Proof of Full Vaccination:
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the single-dose J&J/Janssen vaccine. For individuals traveling from outside the United States: AstraZeneca, Novavax, Anhui Zhifei Longcom Zifivax, CanSino Convidecia, Covilo will also be considered. This list in no way contains all effective COVID-19 vaccinations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your vaccination status
- Acceptable proof will be:
- On a vaccination record card from a Local, State, or Federal organization
- A photo of a vaccination record or card from a Local, State, or Federal organization
- Any app that shows the individuals full name, vaccine received and dates of receipt
- Vaccination proof must match your valid State or Federal or National Identification, minors will be allowed to go off their parents identification; for Youth Groups attending the festival we will go off the Director of the program attending.
Proof of Negative Test:
- Anyone who does not have proof of vaccination against COVID-19 must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- Test results must come from a lab, at home tests are not accepted, results should come from a testing center such as Vault Health, a Pharmacy, or a clinic
- Test must be taken within 72 hours of arrival at the event: see the detailed chart below
- Arriving July 11th, 2022 for packet pickup, if you plan to arrive after packet pickup closes (3pm) use the Arriving July 12th date; test must have been taken between July 8th and July 11th, 2022
- Arriving July 12th, 2022, test must have been taken between July 9th and July 12th, 2022
- Arriving July 13th, 2022, test must have been taken between July 10th and July 13th, 2022
- Arriving July 14th, 2022, test must have been taken between July 11th and July 14th, 2022
- Arriving July 15th, 2022, test must have been taken between July 12th and July 15th, 2022
- Arriving July 16th, 2022, test must have been taken between July 13th and July 16th, 2022
- Registration is not open July 17th
Regardless of what direction the world goes, please do not attend the festival if you are not feeling well, are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have recently been directly exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. If you are already at the festival you will need to depart the festival and can no longer attend events.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 recently, do not attend the festival until 10 days have passed with Day 0 as your first day of symptoms or a positive viral test. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed or your test specimen was collected. For example, if you showed symptoms on July 1st and tested positive July 2nd you should not attend the festival until July 11th.
This follows the CDC Guidelines for testing positive for COVID-19.
If someone is not feeling well or can no longer attend the IJA Festival please contact email@example.com to carry your festival package forward or for a refund. (Must be submitted by July 10th, 2022.)